Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

An introduction

"In her heart of hearts, a woman draws her emotional strength, and sometimes even her physical energy, from her relationships." - Dianna Booher

This will be the longest blog entry I'll ever post, but I wanted to start my blog off with this quote because I'm a true living testament that a woman draws her emotional and physical strength from her relationships. These past couple of years have been an emotional roller coaster for me - going through the ups and downs of a tumultuous relationship, becoming a new mother, ending a relationship, becoming a single mother, struggling through financial woes, juggling motherhood with a career...all the while trying to stay hopefully optimistic that there is a happy ending waiting for me at the end of the yellow brick road. 

I won't bore you with my life story before this moment because I know that at some point in our lives, we've all faced hard times and experienced heart ache. Instead, I want to share with you my journey into this new world that I'm creating for myself and my daughter. Hopefully I'll meet some fabulous new friends along the way. You know the saying "out with the old and in with the new"...literally, this is the beginning of the beginning for me. 

I've had a lot of time to reflect on my past mistakes and here are just a few areas that I want to improve in my new life (not in any particular order): 

1. Going green - I've always envied people who have been able to shift their entire lifestyle to a greener lifestyle because it is not an easy thing to do. I'm attached to my labels and it's so much easier to just get what you're familiar with rather than trying something new. Now that I'm a mother, I am more conscious of the world in which my daughter will grow up in and I want it to be a healthier one for her. 

2.  Spirituality - I grew up in the church, know all of the stories in the bible, but ventured away from its teachings to experience life in a world I thought I wanted to be a part of. The more involved I got in this world, the more I realized that it was taking me further away from what I really wanted in my life, and causing me a lot of pain and heartache in the process. Through my darkest times, I always knew that I could turn to God for refuge and that gave me great comfort. I want my new life to have a deeper bond with God and I want my daughter to have that instilled in her as well. 

3. Improve relationships - You can never go through life alone. I want my life to be filled with fabulous lifelong relationships. When you have a great support system of family and friends, you can face any hardship in life. I'm still optimistic that there is someone out there tailor made for me and I'm willing to wait until fate leads our paths together...however long it takes!

So I hope you enjoy my blog and here's to happy endings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment