Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Are Bicycle Cities the new green?



Driving around Atlanta, you'll start to notice that there are more areas popping up with bicycle lanes to accommodate our fellow bike riding citizens. Take Atlantic Station for example, where I have yet to actually see anyone riding a bike. The concept is great and even though it hasn't taken off yet in our beautiful traffic congested city, could Bicycle Cities be the new green? Gaston, South Carolina has a planned bicycle-only development, which will not allow cars, will be home to 10 eco-friendly houses and 4.5 miles of interconnected bicycle and walking trails. Read about this bicycle city here. I'm not sure if I'm ready to trade in my car garage for a bike rack but to each his own. Would you be open to moving to a community like this? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment